Delivery & Returns
Our refund and returns policy reflects the fact that we sell perishable food items. We therefore do not allow returns of goods that are delivered as advertised and within 48 hours of being dispatched from our facility. This is because they will no longer be in a saleable condition.
Should you require a refund on your order we will happily refund you right up until the point that a shipping label has been created on all perishable items. After this time a refund will not be possible unless your order has failed to reach you within 48 hours of leaving our facility.
If you wish to return an item that is not perishable you must contact us before returning it. Items may be returned up to 14 days after the date of receipt and returned within 14 days after that, provided they are returned in the same condition with which they were received, any packaging remains unopened and no item has been used. Any item that you wish to return should be done so at your own cost.
For the avoidance of doubt failing to reach you we means; either the delivery was not made at all by our delivery partners; Delivery was attempted more than 48 hours after being collected by our delivery partners; or was delivered to an address that was not as per the delivery address on our system, unless it was altered by the customer during transit.
We would also ask you to consider your purchase very carefully. Every refund we make costs our family run business money as we do not receive a refund on the card processing fees from the card companies and banks. So whilst we would love you to become a regular customer of ours, please consider your purchase carefully before clicking “complete order” at the end of the checkout.
If a refund has been approved by us it can take up to seven days to show in your bank account or on your credit card.
As we sell chilled perishable food items we cannot accept returns for any reason whatsoever.
Economy / Standard delivery for perishable:
Off peak period perishable goods – we aim to deliver 2 – 5 days from the date the order is placed. If you place an order after 11.30am, this will fall into the next working day. The evening the order despatches, you will receive an email with your tracking. The order will then be scheduled for delivery the following day.
Peak period perishable goods – we aim to deliver 5 – 10 days from the date the order is placed. If you place an order after 11.30am, this will fall into the next working day. The evening the order despatches, you will receive an email with your tracking. The order will then be scheduled for delivery the following day.
Peak periods are – 01 April – 30 September and December
We endeavour to process orders as quickly as we can. If your order is time sensitive, you may wish to opt for the preferred delivery date option. Preferred delivery is available for a small additional fee and allows you to select your preferred delivery date.
The day your order is completed, you will receive a despatch notification that evening via email. Please note your order will have a status of “processing” until then.
The above delivery schedule will be impacted by Bank Holidays.
Orders placed using standard delivery are despatched as first in, first out.
Couriers are DPD and for some postcodes, Royal Mail. Both are next day delivery services.
Please note delivery days for the standard delivery option are Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, excluding Bank Holidays. During busy periods, we may deliver on a Saturday.
Standard delivery for non-perishable: Standard delivery for non-perishable items: If you order is for non-perishable items only, they will be sent Royal Mail Tracked 48 and will be processed for dispatch within 2 – 3 working days of receipt of the order.
Preferred delivery: During checkout, you will be able to select a date from the calendar that you would prefer your delivery to be delivered to you. Please note that this does not guarantee the delivery will arrive on that day as in certain instances orders may be delivered a day or two later. This option is available for a small additional cost of £2. Available delivery days are Tuesday – Saturday. Preferred delivery is FREE to select for orders where the value is over £70.
Please note: if your preferred day is greyed out it is unavailable due to it being either fully booked on that day, a bank holiday, the day after a bank holiday or a Sunday.
Weekday preferred day delivery and Saturday delivery are run by different calendars. If you would like your order delivered on a Saturday, please ensure you select a choice with “Saturday” included in it in the checkout options.
Guaranteed delivery: This option guarantees that your preferred delivery date will be dispatched using a guaranteed delivery service. There is an additional cost of £10 (£24 Saturday) for this service. Available delivery days are Tuesday – Saturday.
Click and Collect; If you prefer to collect your order from our York factory, select this option during checkout. You will be able to select a day and will receive a 10% reduction off your order total for collecting from us. Please note, the latest time available to collect is 3.30pm, please do ensure you arrive before that time, or you can collect the following day. Collection days are Monday to Friday excluding Bank Holidays.
GENERAL DELIVERY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We aim to have your order delivered on your preferred date or within our delivery service levels and achieve a 99% success rate in delivering to customers on their preferred delivery.
During busy periods, technical updates, or force majeure events, such as extreme weather, this may affect our ability to deliver on a specified day and will result in orders being delivered on a different date. In the event of the preferred delivery day not being achieved a refund for the cost preferred delivery will not be granted.
If you are ordering for an event, we recommend selecting a delivery date several before the event or select guaranteed delivery. Most of the products we sell can be frozen or can be kept for a reasonable period. If your event falls on a weekend, we recommend selecting the Thursday prior to your delivery day as a minimum.
- After an order is placed, we are not able to make any changes to the delivery option or the items ordered.
- Delivery days are Tuesday to Friday. We cannot deliver outside these days.
- Delivery is not possible on Bank Holidays, or weekends that are sandwiched between Bank Holidays, nor the day immediately following a Bank Holiday.
DELIVERY PARTNERS & ORDER TRACKING
We always use a “Next Day” service with our delivery partners. However, “Next Day” does not always mean it will be delivered next day and in some cases may take two days for the delivery. Our packaging is such that it will ensure safe transit for at least 2 days.
- You are responsible for providing the correct delivery address. If you fail to provide a correct address or partial address, your order may not be delivered.
- You are responsible for providing a correct email address and mobile number. If you fail to provide these, you will not receive the courier notifications or tracking information.
- You will receive notifications via email and text message. It is the customer’s responsibility to act on these notifications.
- You will be provided your one-hour delivery slot, via email and text message, on the date of delivery.
- Depending on your postcode, you’ll be presented with additional in-flight options:
- Requesting to leave with a neighbour.
- Requesting to leave in a safe place.
- If your order contains perishable items, there will be an attempted delivery on the date the courier provides the one-hour time slot. If no inflight options have been provided, the driver will leave the order at your property. You are responsible for providing the driver with delivery instructions e.g. safe place location.
- Due to the nature of the perishable products, Bocconcini Bakery Ltd and our courier partners cannot be held liable for items stolen after delivery or perishable items that have spoiled due to incorrect storage after delivery. This includes but is not limited to:
- Perishable items spoiled due to delivery delays caused by customers e.g. customers delaying deliveries with inflight options will not result in a refund or replacement.
- Stolen items as a result of the customer not providing a secure safe place location to the courier will not result in a refund or a replacement.
- Perishable items spoiled due to customer’s nominated inflight safe place location being unsuitable for perishable goods e.g. greenhouse, front door step in direct sunlight will not result in a refund or replacement.
INPUTTING THE INCORRECT ADDRESS
Please ensure you enter the correct address during the checkout and before completing your purchase.
If you need to change the delivery address, we can change this up to the day before the date of dispatch. After this time, we cannot amend it and your order may not be delivered.
Bocconcini Bakery, and our courier partners, cannot be held responsible or liable for non-delivery or delayed delivery due to an incorrect delivery address being supplied. Under these situations, it will not be possible to provide a replacement order or a refund if you order contained perishable goods.
- We recommend you track your order using our couriers’ apps.
- We recommend using “What 3 Words”. This is a useful tool that allows couriers to pinpoint your exact location. Just find your three words and provide these to the courier through their app.
- If you are not in, we strongly recommend you select a suitable safe place for the courier to leave your order or select the option to leave it with a neighbour.
- If you opt for your parcel to be left with your neighbour, we strongly recommend providing your neighbour with instructions on how to then store your items e.g. remove from foil insulation bag and place in fridge.
If you cannot proceed with your order during the checkout process it is possible that your postcode is preventing, you from completing your order. As we provide perishable items, we are only able to ship to mainland UK, Wales, and parts of Scotland due to shipping limitations and to ensure minimum transit times for the products.
Here are some of the locations we currently are unable to ship to: Channel Islands. Isle of Wight. Isle of Man. Northern Ireland. Scottish Islands and certain postcodes beginning with IV.
FOOD SAFETY THROUGHOUT DELIVERY
We have extensively tested our packaging to ensure your order maintains a suitable temperature throughout delivery and we always use a next day service.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH ORDERS AND DELIVERY
Upon placing your order, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions and this delivery policy. The sale of our perishable items can only be cancelled up to the point that we hand over your order to our couriers. After this point, orders cannot be cancelled, or returned for a refund.